Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Google

It's Done!!



Here we can see a photograph of the finished product in all it's glory. It is slightly shorter than our surrounding fence so as not to annoy the neighbours.

The only differences between it and the planned version is that it is one brick wider on each of it's sides.

This was a suggestion by my beloved wife as she felt that the original version was not in the right proportions in relation to the widths of the various sections.

After I had gone ahead and made it wider, I remembered that I had designed it that width to reduce wastage of wood when constructing the side panels. The wood ( Merbau Decking ) could come in lengths of 2.7 metres. The original plan was to have each side roughly half a plank width wide.

As it is, I think that my wife was right, it does look better wider, the wastage of wood was just an unfortuanate 'casualty of war' and the lesson is that :

"If you want it to look good then you'll have to pay for it!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home